18 March 2011

A Simply Packed Weekend

O man, this is going to be an interesting weekend. Today has been slightly crazy but completely awesome. After lunch today, Daniel, Adam, McKenna, and I went to grab our tickets for the AS Roma v. Fiorentina game on Sunday @ 12:30. It's hard for me to believe that I will be going to see my favorite futbol team play live. Of course, before I even get to the game I have a trip to Siena and San Gimingnano tomorrow. Things just keep moving and they don't look to be slowing down any time soon. Monday morning we leave for Umbria and Perugia. It is unbelievable. Only four weeks left before I'm back in the states, yet there is so much to do before I even get to that point. Cinque Terre is coming up as well. For those who don't know, it's a beautiful beach town that has become somewhat of a tradition for the BC students who study in Florence to visit at least one time.

If I recall correctly, this was on top of the old armory in Berlin, Germany.
So after we went to get our tickets, we continued down in to Florence to get out of the Villa since a majority of the group is out on weekend trips. I ended up buying a pair of sunglasses and a great authentic Italian leather wallet with the Fiore on it, much like my journal, that I think is going to be a great lasting memory of my time here in Florence. After wandering for a few hours, we stopped by the super market on our way back to Settignano and I picked up some more cookies and wine. Seems like forever since I've had a bottle of wine at dinner.

That gets us to just about the present. I spent the time since I finished dinner to now reading. I finally finished reading Wizard's First Rule and will soon be starting the second book of the series called Stone of Tears. It has been a good long time since a book or series has grabbed my attention in such a strong fashion.

This is the cover art from the second book.
I think that's all, my friends. Until next time!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment