14 March 2011

Back to the Grindstone...

So I started classes again after a great Spring Break. I'm really tired, but that's become a trend lately. Trying to figure out when exactly I'll be able to catch up on that... o well...

The video below is from a group I saw in Piazza Republica today. They totally made my day.


Anywho. Spring Break has finally settled in for me and it's unbelievable for me to think that I've had this many opportunities to travel and see these things that I thought I'd only be able to see in books and my dreams of course. Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, Salzberg, Vienna, Bratislava, & Milan. It's hard to believe I fit all of that into ten days, but I did. It's probably going to take me a few days to fully understand all of it, but the awe of all of it is just starting to hit me.

Today after class I headed into Florence. I didn't realize how much I missed it and the type of home it has become for me. I had to walk the streets again -- I was completely stir crazy. I hopped the bus into town and walked the squares, running into the above group which was incredible. God has been providing for me when I need it most and in ways I never imagined. I walked back to San Marco after getting a Daniele De Rossi jersey from the national team. You may remember I had his picture up on the blog in an earlier post. I'll actually get to see him play this Sunday. Awesome! But when I got to San Marco, rain poured down and completely soaked me. It was the greatest most relaxing rain ever and it made me feel like everything was getting washed clean again. It's not often that I have that type of realization and feeling so distinctly, but it was there this afternoon.

Arrived back at the Villa, took a shower -- which was kind of superfluous, but still necessary -- ate dinner and then settled down to watch Francesco. This was the story of St. Francis of Assisi. We watched it because we are going to be in Assisi this next week. It was an interesting movie for many reasons. The biggest one being that the saint was portrayed by Mickey Rourke. Yea. Mickey Rourke. Guess who else was in it... Helena Bonham Carter. Talk about the most interesting cast for a religious film... o well.

I swear I will eventually revisit my Spring Break, but I just don't have the words to explain it at the moment. Hope you guys enjoy the group above as much as I did. I took four videos of them and this was one that best portrayed their sound and spirit in my opinion.

Hope you guys are doing well. Heard there was more snow in my neck of the woods. It's March over there, right? Crazy...

Love you guys! Keep me in your prayers; I assure you that you remain in mine.

God bless!


1 comment:

  1. Domico; Are they a State side Group? They were good and I recognized the music. Very good! I'm glad you are enjoying your stay. GOD BLESS!!! LOVE YOU!!! Nine and Popo

    ReplyDelete