17 March 2011

Longest Week Ever? I Believe So...

Well... today has been very long but productive. After our morning class we had the afternoon free so I spent my entire afternoon reading. It was great. I miss having this time to actually be able to relax and read a good book. Who'd have thought that it would have presented itself in Italy?

Anywho... for the 150 year anniversary of Italy's unification, just about all of the museums in Florence had free entry. I took advantage of this fact and went to the Academia, Uffizzi, & the Pitti Palace. It only went from 19:00-01:00 the following morning and we had dinner at 19:15, so it was an interesting trip cramming all of those into such a small time slot. The only thing worth mentioning from the night is the David. O Em Gee. Awesome.

Just got back from the craziness of the 'independence day,' so to speak, and it was crazy. Got pushed into different alleyways and streets I had never seen before because of the crowds that caused me to lose my way a few times, but that's ok.

There really isn't much more to say about the day. I watched the Pink Panther Strikes Again with Father after lunch, but beside that, there is nothing more to mention. I'll have more to say Saturday and Sunday, though! Saturday is Siena and San Gimingnano. Sunday is the AS Roma v. Fiorentina game. So excited for this weekend!

The top of the Duomo in Milan. This was a very impressive building.

Ciao a tutti!

Dio benedica!

No comments:

Post a Comment