21 March 2011

Perugia!

I have finally reached Perugia (after a two and a half hour bus ride) and thankfully I have internet. We're staying in a Franciscan convent by the name of Monteripido. Even though we're further south than Florence, we are currently in the mountains. Given that fact, it isn't hard to believe that it is much colder here than it was when we were at the villa. The bus dropped us off by the convent and we had to hike up the hill to get to our residence.

After getting settled, we walked down into Perugia to have lunch. We stopped at a pizzeria near the city center and I had a Four Seasons (mushrooms, artichokes, ham, and pepperoni) and a Coca-Cola. I can't remember if I've said this before, but the soda here is so much better than it is in the states. The syrup they use is so much sweeter and it just makes the entire experience more enjoyable. It was one of the best pizzas that I have had since I've been in Italy.

We then continued our jaunt into Perugia when we met up with Francesco (yay!) again. It was great to see him again and I missed having his great class every Wednesday. There are way too many things we saw today to be able to explain it all right now, but when I get the photos up you will be able to at least see a lot of the things that I did.

Tomorrow we're going to Assisi and I can't wait. Please keep praying :)

Love you guys!

God bless!

The main square.

No comments:

Post a Comment