04 February 2011

Trip Into Florence

Ciao! Having Friday off is a great way to make study abroad an enlightening experience. I spent the day in town with our entire group. It was epic! We walked around for over four hours just exploring. We saw great views of the Florence and had a great tour guide in Pietro. We got gelato and got up close and personal with the city. We came back around 7 and ate in the Cantina. I always thought that the group would fraction off with so many, but we have quickly become a homogeneous unit. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be in Italy.

I really don't know what else to say. It seems like more and more I lack words that can encompass and mean all the thoughts that are flying through my head. We're all sitting in our lounge area just hanging out now (before we head into Florence again) and it's totally chill. I wish everyone could be here with me. We're going into Pisa and Lucca tomorrow. I'm really excited.

Maybe I'll be able to write more in retrospect, but I'm completely overwhelmed with things to say and images and memories. Love you guys! God bless!

Beautiful landscape!
I decided to update this post so that I don't forget what happened. Kay, Maria, Maddie, Maggie, Bridget, David, Matt, and I, went into Florence to grab some drinks. Earlier in the day we had received a few fliers from people in the square and decided to check at least one of them out. Amadeus was the bar we ended up choosing and it was a great decision in retrospect. We were able to get three mixed drinks for ten euro, so David and I split that bill and I ended up getting Rum and Coke (my favorite) and a Long Island Ice Tea. They were both very well done. There was American music, so Maggie was joking that we should all get up and dance. An Italian group beside us agreed, so after a few minutes of discussion we all got up to dance. Of course, we wouldn't have done this had we known the bus schedule better. We were under the impression that the last bus left San Marco at 1:20, when in actuality, the bus left at 12:20. This forced us to call a taxi... either way it was a fantastic night and I wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment