13 February 2011

Machinations

It has been awesome to get adequate amounts of sleep the past two days. I got out of bed around ten this morning and came out to the lounge to relax. This turned into me planning a trip to Venice for the first week of Festival. I can find no words for how awesome I think this trip will turn out. We leave on February 25th and will return on the 26th after a full day in Venice.

This led to me further planning (and finally booking) the rest of my Spring Break. We will be in Hamburg for one night, as I said earlier, and then on to Berlin for two nights to see the Berlin Wall, Potsdam, and the Brandenburg Gate, among other things. From there we will take a bus to Munich, stopping in Nuremberg for a few hours, and spend another two nights in Munich. Then we're off to Vienna, Austria, to spend a few nights with Doro's parents. Our flight back to Italy will be on the 12th to Milan, so we will spend one more night in Milan, before we head back to good old Settignano. Now the only thing left to do is figure out what we want to do in each city that we visit.

Finally, I was able to take a run through Settignano. It was liberating and felt nice to get out and do something athletic again. The hills of this town are beautiful, even if they wear me out. I'll update later with further exploits of my night because I have to head to Mass and dinner.

God bless!
The building on the left is where the governmental functions occur in Florence.
So after dinner and mass, I went to my first C&L (Communion and Liberation) meeting with Father Meinrad. It was absolutely amazing. We read Luigi Giussani and discussed everything that we were feeling. After, we had our 'graduate studies' with a few of the group which consisted of drinking and smoking. It was a great way to end the night. Right now I'm researching things to visit in Germany and Austria. If you have any ideas PLEASE leave it in a comment or send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment