06 February 2011

Recuperating

I finally got to sleep in after more than a week of "go, go, go!" I woke up at ten, took a shower, then headed out to our lounge area to hang out. Spring break and travels was brought up, so I decided it would be good to at least get started on my plans for Austria and Germany. This project completely consumed my morning, but I finished all of the itinerary for this nine day trip. I set a budget for my spring break as a third of my budget for Europe, and I pretty much nailed it as far as my price estimates are concerned. We're going to fly into Frankfurt on the Friday of break and make our way down through Nuremberg and Munich before terminating our break in Vienna, Austria. I'm really looking forward to it. Now I just have to find two other people to fill out my group, and we should be golden.
This is the back of the Cathedral in Lucca.
What else did I do with my day? Not much else. I'm sitting down now to watch my favorite team (Roma) play calcio with Pietro whose favorite team is their opponent Inter Milan. Let's hope Roma pulls this one out for me. I always enjoy bragging rights. I've also considered watching the Super Bowl tonight, which will start at midnight here. We'll see though. If anything interesting comes up today or if I have anything worthwhile to say, I will update later tonight.

God bless!
Daniele De Rossi -- my favorite player on my favorite team. Go Roma!

Ok, so here's the update: I watched Roma v. Inter Milan and it was a bella partita (beautiful game). Roma ended up losing a player on a bogus call, but it was still a great game. Final score 3-5. The most amazing part is that I will be able to see Roma play Fiorentina the day before we leave for Umbria! It was a magnificent stroke of luck.

I'm thinking about watching the Super Bowl, so hopefully I can stay up long enough. Honestly, I don't care who wins between the two teams, but I have the opportunity to watch, so why not? Buona sera!

No comments:

Post a Comment