30 January 2011

The Cliffs of Moher and Arriving in Dublin

The Cliffs of Moher with rays of sun breaking through the cloudy day.
It has been an extremely long day. I've finally made it to Dublin after a 3 and half hour bus ride from Galway. So I've been on a bus for over 10 hours today. The first eight were very, very, good. The Galway Tour Company knows how to get the most out of the days spent on the road. Once again they thrilled us with great sites and great history. Today we journeyed to the Cliffs of Moher, which is pictured above. It was a cloudy day, but the sun did happen to make an appearance eventually. I've got to say that these past few days have felt like two weeks with all of the things we've crammed in as of yet.

I'll update later, because I just got invited down to a bar and I can't refuse! Later!

Well I'm sure you're all wondering what happened last night... maybe not, but I like to tell myself that. So get this: I was chilling in the lounge in Jacob's Inn getting ready to go to sleep when I got to talking with a group of people. Eventually it became me, an Irishman, and an Australian. Apparently, the Australian is a professional saxophonist, I've got CDs he gave me last night, which was completely awesome. When I told him that I too was a player, he invited me out for a drink. So that hopefully explains my sudden departure last night. We left the hostel around 12:30. You'd think in Dublin anywhere you'd walk on a Saturday night would be selling alcohol. This myth was quickly disproven as we came to find. We easily walked five or six kilometers before we reached a bar that would actually let us in the front door. It was an experience I'll never forget: wandering through Dublin with Colm and Daniel looking for any place that would serve us. Three Guinnesses later and we were heading back to our hostel for the night.

Honestly, yesterday is a blur to me at the moment. The tour bus was absolutely amazing again, as I was saying earlier, but it almost seems like too much to wrap my head around at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to collect my thoughts and reflect upon the Cliffs at a later date. God bless everyone! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dom,
    I am commenting just to prove to you that I do read this.
    That is all,
    Danny

    ReplyDelete